Friday, April 16, 2010

WE WANT COMMENTS

The biggest disappointment so far of the blogging challenge has been the lack of response to any of our blogs. I received one comment so far from a teacher. Except for Bailey, I don't think any of you have received any comments. What can we do to encourage readers to comment on our post?
List some ideas in your post and try them out.


This week I asked you to comment on the blogs in your blog roll. Please make sure to complete this and to leave a "track back" to your blog. Also write about things you read about on the other blogs.

4 comments:

tasteach said...

G'day Mrs Davis,
I read with interest this post about not getting comments. I have also left a comment on Mrs Burton's blog as her class should be visiting yours as part of the challenge.

One thing you could do to allow comments is to change the 'Choose an identity'. Very few students have a google account and they wouldn't know about OpenID, so maybe if you also allowed Name/URL, they might leave a comment more often.

The other great way to get comments is to visit lots of other blogs and leave comments there. Are your students visiting the blogs of the other students registered in the challenge? There are over 700 student blogs they could be checking out and leaving comments on.

http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/about/march-2010-students/

My home URL is http://sormid67.edublogs.org
Miss W. from the blogging challenge

Ms.B. is Online said...

Ms. Davis,
Hi, I am one of your class partners and I will do better responding more often. Sorry that you feel unloved. I have to some of the student blogs. I will remain in contact even after the Challenge.

Swanson said...

Thank you so much for responding, I really appreciate it. My students are doing a great job and are waiting to hear from anyone. We have been commenting on other blogs across the challenge.

Miss Nichols said...

Hi there,

Just wanted to say that I enjoy the clean layout of your blog and your clear instructional posts. I also like how you link out to references/resources for your students. There is a nice balance of classwork and blog challenge on here too. Great job on your blog!